Meet the Tilt-up Concrete Association (TCA)
The leading trade organization in the industry for tiltwall construction is theTilt-up Concrete Association. Founded in 1986 by a group of contractors, professionals and manufacturers, the Tilt-Up Concrete Association works to expand and improve the use of Tilt-Up as the preferred method for commercial concrete construction.
The TCA is to tiltwall construction what the AGC is to the commercial construction industry. The organization works to educate industry members and create standards to make tiltwall even more safe and successful than it is now."
Specifically, the TCA performs the following functions:
- Develop and expand Tilt-Up concrete markets.
- Represent the Tilt-Up Concrete Industry to users, designers, and specifiers.
- Disseminate engineering and architectural data.
- Provide training and educational programs for the Industry, its users and specifiers.
- Encourage high standards for quality in design and construction.
- Achieve a large Contractor, Associate and Professional membership.
- Solicit members regardless of the company's business volume.
- Encourage, recognize and reward excellence in the utilization of Tilt-Up concrete.
- Maintain a professional stature as the best informed organization on the subject of Tilt-Up concrete.
- Develop standards, code provisions and specification to meet industry needs.
- Create an image that inspires consumer confidence in our Industry.
- Collect and disseminate statistics, ideas and information relating to the Tilt-Up industry.
- Maximize involvement of all categories of members in Association activities.
- Promote a continuing safety program.
- Secure efficient cooperation between the Tilt-Up industry and architects, engineers, contractors, real estate developers, government officials and allied or related associations and institutes.
- Issue publications to disseminate information of value to its members, the public and government.
- Operate without profit and no part of the income of the organization shall inure to the benefit of any individual member.
- Represent the interests of the Tilt-Up industry to the model building codes.
- Communicate business opportunities to TCA members.
"The TCA is to tiltwall construction what the AGC is to the commercial construction industry," said Ed McGuire, President ofArlington, Texas-based Bob Moore Construction and former Vice President of the Board of Directors for TCA. "The organization works to educate industry members and create standards to make tiltwall even more safe and successful than it is now."
For more information about this organization, please visit theTilt-up Concrete Association website at tilt-up.org.